Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Cleanse
A friend and I are doing a "cleanse" starting next Sunday. We bought a kit online to assist this "cleanse" but basically it is cutting out ALL fried foods, butter, pop, extra salt, processed foods, candy, chips, alcohol, etc...drinking tons and tons of water and fiber drinks, taking vitamin supplements, and eating primarily fresh veggies and a few whole grains. This lasts for 10 days and isn't necessarily supposed to make you lose weight, but to help clean you out for better nutrient absorption and get you on the right track for eating better. I eat pretty good as it is, but since planning for this cleanse an interesting phenomenon has happened: I have been eating worse than I normally would anticipating the foods I feel I am going to crave while on the cleanse. Last night before work I had a mushroom and Swiss burger from Hardees with curly fries AND a pop! I never have pop, let alone fries and a burger. "I will take care of it in the cleanse" is how I find myself justifying that. Uh-oh. Anywho, this cleanse starts on Sunday. I feel like nothing will really change except the fact that I am going to be possibly grumpy because I picture myself subsisting on vitamins and gravel and water but I know that is not true. I will keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment