Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Toooooo much
I have been the worst blogger. Mainly because I have been asleep I think. I had 36 hours off between Sunday morning and Monday night and I slept 27 of them. Not exaggerating. And when I have nights like I did last night it is no wonder why, I was literally running, just trying to keep my head above water until it finally slowed down around 5am. Overdoses, cancer, seizures, chest pain, meningitis, stroke...the people just kept coming and coming and coming. It was one of those unfortunate nights where we were so busy that if you were not dying you were going to be sitting there for HOURS. With this day-light savings and warm weather I am all about Spring and getting outside and smelling the Daffodils but I swear it feels like we have had more suicide attempts and psych cases the last two weeks than I remember in a looooong time. It is such a juxtaposition to have a patient in one room that tried to kill themselves and in the next room have a patient that by no actions of their own has a disease or condition that is killing them who would do anything to live, especially when it is young people. I feel like there is so much that my brain subconsciously processes that I don't even realize, no wonder it needs to go on standby and reboot itself occasionally - ie the 27 hours. Wowza.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment