Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Friday, March 2, 2012
I made it
Home again home again jiggity jig. At one point a psych patient came out of her room to yell at me last night, but she was so psychotic all that came out was word (and phrase) salad, something like "You, I can hear you! My family! I fought for that! You! God bless us! Don't judge me! Hearing behind me! I lived there!" etc. etc. Later the security guard standing by informed me I looked completely confused which means I failed at being therapeutic because I was trying to look concerned and calming but obviously that didn't work out. Then when I discharged the particular patient she sang Taylor Swift songs, or just parts of them, as loud as she could through the entire ER as I walked her to the discharge desk, patients, janitors, other nurses and staff staring. "How were you not laughing??" everyone asked as I came back. I about split a gut trying not to laugh but was equal parts terrified, not wanting to upset her anymore so I just kept making my go-to fish face that I make when trying not to laugh. "Why do you get all the exciting patients?" someone asked me. Trust me, I don't want them. When I started I had a record number of something like 4 patients tackled by security guards in 2 shifts or something. The crazies just find me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment