Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Monday, April 9, 2012
Lame sauce
I am painfully aware of how lame my blog has become, and I have meditated on this "lame-ness" and have come up with a few reasons as to why. 1) When I was writing when I first began, and the first 6 months or so after that, I was still a very new nurse with little to no experience, and everything was new and interesting to me. 2) I had a much smaller social network and had to entertain myself much more often 3) I was in a strange new land called The South, where, once again, everything was new and interesting. Those are the three key things I can find that have largely contributed to the demise of my blog. So...where from here? Obviously, (ok, maybe not obviously), I want to try get my writing spark back, and have interesting stories and fun experiences, but that is sadly not always the case. Take last night for instance, I had about 20 patients - we were BUSY! - and every single one was either drunk, suicidal, headache, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, or toothache. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I started out with a retarded man who had diarrhea and ended with a drunk woman with hepatitis. There is seriously nothing interesting to write about when I look back on those 12-hours for inspiration. Ug. I need a new perspective. Maybe a solution to the blah's at work will also contribute to the blah's with the blog. I will work on it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment