Monday, July 29, 2013

Back in the saddle again

     I am going to continue blogging for the sole purpose of reminding myself of funny things and how life was down the road from now.  I have been reading a few entries from a few years ago and am so glad I wrote it down to remember it.  I was actually so excited about remembering so many hilarious things that I called my sister on my way home from work this morning (still nursing, still nocturnal working nights) at 7:30am to remind her how the little kid in Harry Potter world schooled her on the Elder Wand.  She blearily asked me to call back later after first letting it ring 40 times.  Fine. 
     I just finished my 4th night in a row, I don't know how I did 6 nights in a row only a few years ago.  Now if I have to work more than 3 in a row I am usually over- or under-emotional at work and end up in tears.  Good thing I was in triage this morning starting at 1am and didn't have to deal with patients more than the 3 (give or take) minutes it takes to triage them.  A patient's family member did keep spewing bible verses randomly though, until I told him to recite them to someone else cause I was taking a class online and had to focus.  I was watching Next Food Network Star.  People are so annoying.  I also may have told a dunk patient last night that the other nurse and I were nuns and I introduced us as "Sister La and Sister Kim" just so he would mind his p's and q's.  His manners (and memory) didn't last long. 

1 comment:

  1. SO GLAD YOUR BACK!
    forgot my "code" name...you know who ?

    ReplyDelete