Friday, September 6, 2013

vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaation

Oh man!  I am on vacation!  I even got off work early this morning!  Wahoo!!  I am not going to see, think, hear or in any way be associated with the ER while I am away from that place, no checking emails, nothing.  Well, I might see if the new schedule is posted and make sure they didn't schedule me for 6 out of 7 like they asked me to work.  I am getting really good at saying "no".  Seriously, people frequently come up to me and say, "I wish I could just say 'no' like you!"!  Yay for freedom from adult diapers, drug addicts, fluorescent lighting, homeless smelling people, bed shortages, homicidal and suicidal people, puke, pee, blood, charting, having to hold your pee in for hours at a time, naked cussing people, stupid people and dirty people.

The other day my sister rode on a train.  I made her send me a picture of what would be platform 9 3/4.  She was not impressed.  "You do know I am in Kansas, right?" she said.  I don't think it matter where you are, if you are riding a train, find that platform.

I forgot to tell Banana, we have been playing an epic game of phone tag, but I think she and her husband should get a Jeep Compass, a gold one, and then they can tell people they have a Golden Compass, like the book.  I am so full of good ideas.  If you have not read The Golden Compass, run, don't walk, run to the nearest bookstore and buy it and read it and then read The Subtle Knife and then The Amber Spyglass.  You will not be sorry.  I mean, it is up there with A Wrinkle in Time good!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great vacation! Glad to see you're writing again!

    ReplyDelete