I am having a Smirnoff Blueberry lemonade and folding laundry while watching Gordon Ramsay trying to unwind from last night. It was the night that would never end, busy busy busy.
I think my favorite quotes of the night were from two separate patients, both in early 20's, neither with life threatening or even painful situations. One healthy patient complained that it was taking too long and we should call in a faster doctor. I told her the doctor was literally in a life or death situation with a massive trauma in a different room, the patient was dying, she yelled at me, "and I'm not?!?!". "No. You are not" I told her and walked out. Shortly before that, another patient in his mid-20's, delayed for the same reason, in the ER due to no one's fault but his own, had his sister come out and complain "What is he [the patient] supposed to do? Just sit there!? You guys have no way of entertaining him!?". Basically all the staff at the desk started laughing and replied "This is an ER! We don't need to entertain anyone!" Those people got me thinking how selfish people are and how much I hope if I am ever a patient in an ER I am not one of those people. Good lesson to myself. Jiminy Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment