Sunday, June 29, 2014

Axolotl please

     Studying more pet ads on craigslist last night I came across an ad selling Axolotls.  What are Axolotls you say?  Just the cutest little happiest Mexican salamander you have ever seen!  They live up to 10 years, are relatively simple to take care of, and look awesome.  Also, they were $10-$25, buy two get one free.  Bonus, these ones had the gene that makes them glow under black lights.  Double awesome. THEN I read that they regenerate limbs!  Could they get any more fascinating?  Of course then I had to research them more and found out that yes, those are external gills, they are native to Mexico swamps and were a staple in the Aztec diet.  Can you imagine how desperate the Aztec's must have been to eat swamp reptiles?  Here is a picture.  So precious, such a lil guy, I imagine he is saying "Tell me about your night at work, and all your problems, I want to listen!  Then we can hang out and drink chocolate milk and watch Alice in Wonderland."
                                    http://www.warrenphotographic.co.uk/00108-albino-axolotl

Here is another one looking happy.
                                    http://beautyanimalia.blogspot.com/2012/05/mexican-axolotl.html

"I caught myself a worm!" He is saying. This of course led me to look at more funny Axolotl pictures and I was not disappointed:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/181153651/carlota-paper-doll-articulated-axolotl?ref=market

There was this nice chart.

And then finally, this awesome GIF.  Fantastic. 
How could that not make my work night better?


No comments:

Post a Comment