Thursday, July 3, 2014

Immunity

Last night at work, as one patient was brawling with two security guards, one patient was laying on the floor screaming and crying, and the police were bringing in another in only his whitey tighties and some sunglasses, one of the new techs said to me. "After awhile with all the over-stimulation you just kind of get immune to everything.".  I agreed and told her it would eventually carry over into daily life outside of work, say if she saw someone get shanked walking down the street or if someone pooped in  the produce aisle at wal-mart, she probably wouldn't bat an eye.

My smoke alarm battery is chirping, those stupid bleepity bleep bleepers keep chirping AFTER the battery is removed.  I am trying to decide whether or not my fans will drown it out as I sleep or if I should just go buy another battery now...but I am so tired...but the chirping is so shrill....and I wanted to get all my laundry folded before I went to bed...but I need to put clean sheets on my bed...omg.

No comments:

Post a Comment