Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Friday, July 4, 2014
Cirque de ER
Last night was weird. Little people, big people, crazy people, drugged people, drunk people, foreign people...but that is what it is like every night, I don't know why last night seemed weirder. Maybe the drug addict that walked into triage and promptly pooped her pants (I about lost it...Me: "Are you pooping!?!?" Pt nods Me: "Well STOP!!" then I dry heaved in her face a few times trying to get a blood pressure and then ran out of the triage room), was the straw that broke the camel's back. Or the ex-prison convict with cigarette burns up and down his arms that was suicidal but just more creepy and tried to undress in the lobby...or the drunk little person on the motorized wheelchair that kept zipping up and down the halls ramming into doors and supply cabinets...or the lady who kept walking around naked, that wasn't even there for psych reasons...all of it combined made for a weird night (and that was all after midnight). Tonight, the 4th, will probably be even weirder. Last night on the 4th of July a patient blew their hand off with fireworks. I skipped my workout post-work to come home and get some extra sleep this morning so I am ready for it. Overtime and holiday pay - let's see if you are worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment