Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Friday, January 21, 2011
Oh Baby
This morning I got to play with a baby. I got to wash her and feed her and hold her and dress her and put lotion on her and count her toes. Babies are really slippery when they are wet, and sometimes they like to buck backwards out of your arms. They are also a mess to feed when they are just learning to be spoon fed. I don't know what it is exactly that makes babies so fantastic, but they are. I don't want one of my own right now, but getting to play with one is awesome. Is it their potential that makes them so fantastic? Their uncomplicated emotion? The way they smell? The way they make that little scrunchy face? The miniature clothes? No matter what the circumstances, a baby is a baby and I think it is their helplessness and their potential to turn into something wonderful that makes them so enchanting. The other day I was angry with patients, life, the world, and I told my mom that something had to change in this world before I was going to bring a child of my own into it. Instead of being upset at the thought of no grand-babies from her second child, she said that she was not worried because there was no chance I was going to have a baby any time soon anyways. That made my argument a lot less dramatic. Thanks mom...and don't worry, I am pretty sure that container you are already filling with hand-knitted baby booties and sweaters, well, someday I will put it to use. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment