Right now I am reading four different books. I feel like books are like clothes, you don't stay in one outfit for months at a time so why would you only read one book at a time? The choice of book I pick up depends on the setting, mood, time, weather, etc. etc. I am reading Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis, (excellent for reading in the early morning), Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark (excellent with a cup of tea and a down comforter on a rainy afternoon), Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling (I keep this one in my car for spare moments), and Reding Lolita in Tehran, by Azar Nafisi. This one is good for all other times.
It was an excellent day for the movies today, I went and saw The King's Speech. It was amazing, 10 out of 10 stars. If Colin Firth doesn't gt an academy nod for this, there is no justice left in the world.I am stupendously horrible at chess. I lose regularly against the computer on the level entitled 'silly'. I feel like that should fall somewhere between 'infant' and 'pre-teen', to be followed by 'novice', 'high school graduate','average', 'I do my own taxes', 'IQs above 150 only', 'competent', 'Bobby Fischer would be mildly impressed', 'above average', 'knowledgeable' and finally, 'don't even bother'. Picking a level to play would me so much easier if it were labeled accordingly and not just 'beginner' and 'advanced'.
Peace out cub scout.

No comments:
Post a Comment