Sunday, February 20, 2011

Renewed outlook...yes please!

I literally danced the skin off my feet in a few places.  If that is not proof of love of dancing, I don't know what is.  I had a fabulous weekend.  My new bikini is hanging in the doorway between my bedroom and the living room so I can see it and stay motivated to lose a few of those winter hibernation pounds before beach season.  I cannot wait for summer...the beach, sunshine, some fantastic friends and family, fresh shrimp on the grill (skrimp as it is called down here), new swimsuits, good books, naps in the sun, kayaking, roadside vendors with fresh snap peas and giant strawberries... I am looking forward to my biggest problem being sunscreen running into my eyes and figuring out what song to listen to.  Last night after dancing we took a quick walk on Jax beach to cool off and give our feet a rest.  We could completely enjoy the beauty of the full moon, seeing as how we were not at work to be weary of it. (People go crazier than usual when there is a full moon, I swear).  If you had thrown in a good-looking guy and removed the sleeping homeless people, it would have had the potential of being a downright romantical (yes, I invented that word) scenario with the moon and the water and the pier.  It's little excursions like this trip that make work less life-consuming...and make you appreciate you own warm bed.  Wiping bottoms and getting spit at and peed on will be a little more bearable now that summer is on the horizon, and I have a fabulous hot pink bikini to welcome it in with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment