Monday, March 21, 2011

Existential questions

So glad I have my mom just a phone call away when I need her.  I had a moment of pause today when I took the white bedspread off of my bed to launder and it said "No Bleach".  I was so confused.  I am obsessed with bleaching anything and everything white...especially scrub tops for work.  Mom explained it to me.  Later today I had another existential question: On a scale of zero to Hilary Clinton, how bitchy is it to turn down a potential date based on facebook stalking of him?  I have yet to get a definitive answer on that one.  Emily Post would probably not be impressed.  Whether it was cosmic interference trying to point me in the direction of a clear answer or not, I googled women's etiquette this evening, and came upon her site.  When one lives by one's self and at work is used to eating easily prepared food as fast as humanly possible, I thought it would be a good idea to get a refresher course on table etiquette.  Not that I attend a lot of formal dinners, but some life skillz I think are important to have.  I never really knew what to do with my napkin after a meal.  Now I do.  Blam!  Also, flowers, wine and candy are not considered acceptable gifts to give a hostess because he or she might feel obligated to use them or put them out right away.  Blam again!  Thanks E.P.

1 comment:

  1. Please inform us of these answers to your existential questions. I don't know them either!

    ReplyDelete