Last night I learned Alfred Angelo just came out with a line of wedding dresses based off of Disney princesses. I feel like that means he was running out of inspiration. Or it could be marketing genius, I can't tell for sure. Actually, it was marketing genius on Disney's part. Check it out here.
Speaking of good ideas, last night I had a patient who stated she had "ONE wine cooler". I knew when she came in with a complaint of "my left side might be different than my right side" that she had had more than one. Her alcohol was around 325...that is 0.325....four times the legal limit of 0.08. When she was being discharged she told me that in place of the sling I had given her she was just going to wear a tighter push-up bra so she would have something (higher breasts?) to rest her arm on. I told her that probably wouldn't do much good. Push-up bra ≠ shoulder sling.
We had a patient that required prolonged CPR last night, so when we had fatigued all the strapping young men from doing chest compressions we pulled out the LUCAS, a new CPR machine the ER bought that runs about $30,000-$35,000. You hook the person up to it and it has an extendable arm with suction on the end that does the chest compressions for you. A couple co-workers and I decided that we are going to rig something of the kind up with a bicycle tire pump, toilet plunger and motor, and sell them to hospitals for $20,000-$25,000 a pop. It will be adjustable for size as well. Tell me that isn't genius.
Bicycle tire pump (manual)+ toilet plunger+ motor=t he newest technology in emergency CPR equipment
Here is a video of the LUCAS pump if you are interested, for some reason I remember it being more dramatic and violent the first time we used it, but maybe that was a different model and maybe it was not set up correctly...and it was on an actual human. All factors should be taken into consideration I guess....
personally, a disney gown would be tacky. unless, of course, you have taco bell cater and register at wal-mart....
ReplyDelete