So, it's a pretty good feeling being unaware of all negative happenings in the world...all the happenings, period. If you ask me about Japan, all I know is that they slaughter dolphins mercilessly. You may think my lack of interest in local and international current events is selfish and/or childish, but I don't really care. It really is the more I think about it. Oh well. Call it self-preservation. Reading all the headlines every day depressed me just about as much as my 45lb two-year old patient last night...and the 60 lb. four-year old patient...and the 300 lb 15-year old patient. I am so glad that I changed my homepage to National Geographic. No sense in getting upset and stressed over things you cannot control. Also, I see enough negativity every night I am at work for a lifetime, no sense in going home and subjecting myself to more. Good work, La...way to remove some of the negativity and instead see something beautiful everyday instead! I am proud of you.
Here are some words from today's headlines on Googlenews.com: Angry, Crisis, Woman withheld Son's Cancer Drugs, Pornography, Cyber Attacks, Hijacks, Herpes, Serial Killer, Strife, Unrest, Collision and Alarming.
No thanks.
So refreshing, so down-to-earth you are.
ReplyDeleteYoda