Frst off, for all of you nurses out there wondering, ginger ale will not flow through primary tubing. Just FYI. Also, the 'i' button is sticking on my keyboard so if it s absent, that is why. Last night I was dong a quick mental checklst of my patients. I do that sometimes (constantly) to make sure I remember who is in what room and what is going on wth them, and when the last time I saw them was and what treatments they are currently receiveing. Last night at one point my thought process went somethng like ths: "Room 5 is an allergic reaction, meds are infusing, she is fine. Room 6 is a laceration, wating for the doctor to sew that up, need to get lidocaine out for him, 8 needs a repeat CBC drawn, and 10...10?? I haven't seen 10 in an hour! Shoot...10, 10, 10 what is that one again?? Oh yeah, they are fine...they're dead." Then I realized how horrble that sounded but I was pretty ok wth it. That is a sure sign I am not a "new nurse" n the ER anymore. I hate typng with this sticking i button, it is like typing with a speech impediment. Kind of like how my adrenaline used to start pumping and I would get excited when I heard sirens, and now I dread it because if the sirens are on it is most likely a)going to be gross b)going to be alot alot alot alot of charting. I think these are also signs that I have worked too many nights in a row. Tonight will be 5...I am an idiot.
PS - petit fours and fruit and chocolate tarts are the best 1am snack ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment