Friday, June 17, 2011

Blink, blink, blinky blink blink

I'm going on 20 hours here folks, so be nice.  Worked last night, it was chaos for awhile (a co-worker passing me by said "is that terror I see on your face?"...it was) but we got it under control around 2am.  Highlights include me giving a round of applause for my patient who brought down her blood pressure, the delicious chicken casserole brought in by one of the more generous RN's, the online video of the lions trying to eat the toddler through the glass at the zoo, the phone call that began: "Is you a nurse?  Is you a doctor?  My butthole be hurtin'" (not even joking on that one) and the patient that was a kindergarten teacher that told me about the special needs boy in her class that has Tourette's but doesn't know any bad words so he just randomly stands up in class and yells "Marshmallow Fluff!  Marshmallow Fluff!".  Then I had an ACLS recertification class this morning until now.  When I am this tired I learned that I- A) Cannot multi-task, turning on the radio and driving just involves too much effort and skill, B) If something is high to reach, it is easier for me to just cry about it than do anything productive about it, C) My jokes get really, really lame, but I can laugh at them for a really, really long time, and D) I get cold.  I am going to sleep now for the next 20 hours I hope.  I have the blackout curtains pulled, the pillows arranged, the fans going, the phone unplugged and the doors locked.  Au revoir chien lunatique!

No comments:

Post a Comment