Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's technically a "new" day...

So I just wrote my blog for yesterday an hour and a half ago, but after midnight it technically is a new day, so I can post Sunday's blog now.  It is 1:01am here in case you were wondering. 

I am in a funny mood, maybe my Midol was laced.  All these songs on Ray LaMontagne radio on Pandora right now are just so deep.  I think I am just highly emotional. When I get like this, once a month, I cry easily.  Anything and everything triggers tears: hitch-hikers, letters from home, birds that run into windows, loud noises, stranded horseshoe crabs…

  The other day I thought about putting my retainer in the dishwasher to get extra-cleaned by the high-temperature heat element it (the dishwasher) has, but then I thought it might melt a little and make my tooth-alignment off and before I knew it my teeth would shift and look like one of those sets of hillbilly teeth you can buy at Halloween and in joke stores. Besides hillbilly teeth and robots, I am also scared of never finding someone to love forever.  I am scared of settling.  I am scared of not having enough time.  I am afraid I will never have children.  How do you live in the “now” and have anything left over for tomorrow??  How do you have wings and roots?  What is my relationship with God?  Can monkeys really not swim?    So many questions…pretty confident that is a sure sign that it is time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment