Thursday, September 15, 2011

brain dead

Today at orientation we covered scanning bar codes, starting IV's, giving injections and putting in foley catheters.  I was having flashbacks to nursing school.  Those instructors at the hospital have so much patience, every 2 weeks they teach orientation to another group of people who think they know it all already or have no idea what is going on. I caved and went and bought scrubs today, specifically scrub pants to hopefully last me until my stuff arrives.  I went out to dinner tonight with 3 friends I made at orientation, an office assistant, a nurse and a surgical tech.  We all left dinner by 6:30pm because we all wanted to be in bed by 8pm...I had no idea how fun people turned lame but am finally getting it...as my new friend from Russia put it tonight "We all out of college so now we ok that we have no fun. I stay up for one more hour if lucky."  Beware folks, this is how it happens.  We are all under 26 as well.  I have been sleeping exceptionally on my cot and sleeping bag and have been having the worst time getting up in the mornings.  I had a flashback today to the middle of last night, apparently I was all zipped-up in my sleeping bag and thought it was really important that I did something, so I just vaguely remember not getting out of the sleeping bag to do it, instead just hopping around the room while still in it...who knows what seemed so important??

No comments:

Post a Comment