Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
I WILL put you in an adult diaper if you misbehave
We have had some doozies recently in the ER here, all alcohol-related. I had a patient the other night, young, intoxicated, brought in by ambulance. After calling me every name in the book and telling the doctor to repeatedly "f*** off", he wasn't my favorite part of the night. At one point he crawled out of bed completely naked (we took his clothes off cause he had gone to the bathroom in them, more than once), ripped out his IV and proceeded to pee all over the wall and floor. I saw him attempting to do this from the nurse's station and started yelling, so the male techs ran in there and wrangled him back into bed and into an adult diaper (he earned it, that wasn't his first time urinating all over the wall, floor, bed, etc.). The techs came back out laughing and I asked what was so funny and they said that it was hilarious that I saw all this happening and just stood there at the nurse's station yelling, giving them the play-by-play instead of doing anything about it. "OhmygoshheisoutofbedandherippedhisIVoutanditisbledingandheisnakedandpeeingonthewall!" is what I imagine it sounded like. I told them that even though I like to think of myself as pro-active when it comes to patient care, I also like to think of myself as having above-average intelligence and running by myself into a room with a bleeding, naked, drunk and angry man just did not seem like the smartest thing to do. The funniest part about this entire situation was that this patient came in with 'PENIS' written on his forehead with silver marker, and he left with it there too ; )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment