Monday, November 21, 2011

Nursing is a contact sport apparently

Last night I received report on a psych patient and not 3 minutes later the patient went berserk and ran out of the room towards to ambulance bay.  You have to have a swipe badge to open up the ambulance bay doors (or so I thought), so I just let her run.  When she got to the ambulance bay doors she actually pried them open and took off in the ambulance bay in the snow and ice only in her paper psych scrubs and no shoes.  Luckily we have a nurse who does roller derby who took out after her and tackled her.  I just stood there shaking my head.  Then the security guards showed up and lifted her on to a stretcher and held her down and we wheeled her back to her room where she proceeded to yell profanities at us until she was admitted.  Fun.  Tonight I am "on call" and I have this horrible feeling the phone is going to ring at any moment.  I just want to stay in my nice warm bed in my pj's curled up with Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment