Monday, January 2, 2012

2 points to the opposing team

There is nothing I like more after a hectic night at work than driving home in complete silence. 

I enjoy a good prank at work, and the other night one of the doctors and a few of the nurses got me good, I just found out the real story tonight.  This is what happened.  We got a new Keurig machine in the lounge, and I found these packets to put in that make the best hot chocolate.  I made some for myself and took it out to the nurse's station and was going on and on about how good it was and how much I was enjoying it (it is the little things that get you through the last few hours of work ; )  Anyways, about 3/4 through my hot chocolate I got up to go into a patient's room.  I did something for about 5 minutes and then came back out and sat down and took a drink of my hot chocolate, but it tasted different.  "Ewwww!" I announced.  "My drink changed!".  Everyone at the desk just looked at me like I was crazy.  "I am serious!"  I said.  "I went in the room and it was hot chocolate and then came back out like 2 minutes later and it's coffee now!".  Then I started asking everyone if they had mixed up their drink with mine. "You are crazy." the charge nurse announced.  "I think you need a psych workup".   Then she called the doctor on staff over and made me repeat my story.  I was completely serious telling him something happened to my drink and I swore it was hot chocolate before but now it was coffee.  They all laughed and shook their heads.    I thought people were laughing because of how ridiculous I sounded and I went on for another 10 minutes or so trying to convince them my drink changed from chocolate to coffee in a matter of minutes. I am going crazy!  I remember thinking.  No one would make eye contact with me. I thought it was so bizarre and just ended up figuring that after awhile the Keurig hot chocolate just went bad or something if you didn't drink it fast enough.  Tonight when night shift came on they were all laughing and told me that the doctor that was on that night had been trying to get me back for my numerous pranks on him, so he and the charge nurse dumped out my hot chocolate while I was in the patient's room and filled it with coffee.  I knew I wasn't losing my mind!  Two points for them, now I will have to think of something good to get them back ; ).

No comments:

Post a Comment